Thursday, November 1, 2007

HAPPY NOVEMBER 1ST

It is November 1 today!! For many of us, this marks the BEGINNING of the holidays. November 1 has always sort of been my "countdown" to Christmas. Usually by this time of year I have almost all of my Christmas shopping done. But this year we had such a great, warm Fall and my trip to Florida .... I didn't even THINK about Christmas shopping!!! Bree's birthday is November 15 and I usually don't buy anything for her until after her birthday...I usually wait and see what she gets for her birthday and go from there.
November is an exciting month for me....Bree's birthday, Thanksgiving (a holiday that I enjoy so very much!!) I am starting my month off right by a trip to Chicago this weekend to see Bree and John and hopefully buy some Christmas gifts. Bree and I want to hit Loehmann's again and thoroughly explore the store.
Then getting ready for Bree's 29th birthday and then the kids will be home for the Thanksgiving Holiday!!! I need to keep my energy level up, keep myself healthy this month, and take time to breathe deeply and smell the fabulous smells of November!!! Also, we must decide on our Thanksgiving holiday movie. So many good ones are out and more to come!!!! Any suggestions please pass my way.
So happy November, everyone, and remember!!! Swish your feet through the leaves (crispy, dry leaves are the best) eat caramel apples, drink pumpkin spice lattes, sit in front of a lovely fire, and most of all...tip your face to the sunshine and thank the good Lord in himmel for another fantastic day!!!!

No comments: