Thursday, November 15, 2007

November 15, 2007

29 years ago today I had a beautiful baby girl. My firstborn, Bree Danielle Bristow. Bree weighed 7 pounds 13 oz. She arrived in this world in Fort Wayne, Indiana on a rainy, sleety, cold day, and the minute I saw her --- the very second I saw her --- I fell in love and my life was changed forever.
The nurse laid her next to me and she looked right at me. She wasn't crying or anything. I kissed her forehead and it felt like velvet to my lips. She was the most precious thing I had ever seen!!! What a miracle!!!
From that moment on Bree filled my life and the lives of those in our family with love, laughter, awe, wonder, and any other fantastic adjective I could use!!! This tiny miracle baby grew into the woman who I now call my best friend forever. This day is for you, Bree. I love you so much and I thank the good Lord every day for blessing my life with you. You truly are the sunshine of my life. Thank you, Bree.
Have a wonderful birthday and always know how much your Mom adores you.

2 comments:

John said...

Kelli, that was really beautiful. Your girl is sleeping soundly right now, but I'll tell her to check out your post when she wakes up!

Brazzle said...

Oh Mom, thank you for giving birth to me and for being such an amazing mother. The reason I wasn't crying when I came out was because I was exhausted from all the heaving and pushing. I wanted to stay inside. That's why they found claw marks on your uterine walls.
I love you.