Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Looks like November to me....

This morning I woke up and there was a light dusting of snow mixed with sleet. I wanted to stay cuddled up in bed! It looks like November outside. Yesterday while I was at work it was so dark and drizzly outside. Leaves falling off trees like crazy. I thought to myself, "It finally looks like November!" Now I am getting into the swing of preparing for Thanksgiving. Tonight after work Janet and I are meeting at the mall. I'm going to buy some presents for Bree's birthday. Janet and I need to catch up too. I need to hug her neck! She joined Jenny Craig and has lost 14 lbs!!! I am so proud of her!!! Maybe she'll let me take her picture tonight and I'll put it on my blog.
Here is my Thanksgiving Day menu...FIRST I will begin with Day Before Thanksgiving....Bree and John should arrive Weds afternoon. (the sooner the better, I hope!)
Weds supper: Chili and apple pie ala mode
Thanksgiving morning: juice, coffee, tea, caramel pecan coffee cake, toast, cereal, etc...
Thanksgiving dinner: turkey, ham, potatoes and gravy, dressing, rolls, sweet potato casserole, corn, broccoli/cauliflower salad, cranberries. For dessert: lemon meringue pie, pecan pie, pumpkin pie (provided by Grandma) and leftover apple pie. John's favorite is apple pie!
There is a pie I ate a couple of months ago called a Buttermilk Pie and it was TO DIE FOR! Sounds awful, buy oy...was it ever delicious! I would like to make that too...I found a recipe for it on the computer.
I get a warm fuzzy feeling when I think of my family around my dining room table on Thanksgiving Day. They are all special and beautiful people and I am so darn lucky to be a part of their lives.
Like the poster in my bedroom when I was a teenager....it read, "I am so glad that you are here..........you make me realize how beautiful my world is." I have never forgotten that. It has to be one of the most tender and beautiful phrases I have ever heard of. And how true it is.
Love and peace to all of you today. Be special!

No comments: