Monday, November 5, 2007

Fun and more fun in the Windy City


Oy!!! I spent last weekend in Chicago with Bree. We had sooooo much fun!!!! It was a beautiful weekend. Perfect Fall weather. Sunshine, blue skies, nice and chilly. We needed jackets. I got into the city about 10:00 and called Bree at work. We decided to meet at Loehmann's, our new favorite haunt. I picked out a darling white 3/4 length sleeve cotton sweater to take to Paris with me. And Bree ended up BUYING it for me!!! She just insisted!!! Oh I was thrilled to death to have my first Paris purchase. Bree said it would be perfect to take to Paris. Then I got a COAT!!! It is sooo cute!!! Pink tweed with a little faux fur collar and like a patchwork design on the front with tiny sequins. Verrry cute.
We were so happy to see each other. We kept giving each other big hugs right in the middle of Loehmann's.
Then we went to a new place for lunch. It was very good and we highly recommend it. It is called The State Street Bread Company. I got a delicious ham sandwich and a big chocolate fudge brownie to share. Bree got a really great looking salad. She said it was delicious but had too much dressing on it. Then we got coffee and the man brought it to us with our own carafe and said we didn't have to pay for it!!!! We couldn't believe it!!!! He probably saw Bree --- and she is so pretty, that is why he gave us the freebie!!!
We visited for a long time in the cafe and had the best time laughing and being silly. Then we walked to Posh --- one of my very favorite shops in Chicago. It is a little French gift shop on Rush Street. I didn't get anything.
I know I will go crazy nuts in Paris in all the cute boutiques. I'm so excited!!!!
We hit Pottery Barn, Banana, and Borders. Then came back to the apartment and drank tea with half & half in it. A first for me! Delicious!!! One of my new hot drinks.
We talked and laughed and visited with John and took pictures.
Then John, Bree and I went to Ditka's for dinner. Oh, it was wonderful. Had such a lovely time. We talked and ate and laughed and told stories. It was a perfect evening. Then we walked home. When we got home we looked at the Vienna pictures which are just beautiful!!! Such a gorgeous, old, historical city!
Then I passed out. I was so tired. I slept til almost 8:00 am Sunday. I never sleep that late!!!
After Bree got off work Kathryn came up and we went to brunch at Bucco di Beppo. (I don't know if I am spelling that right, but you know what I mean)
Had a delicious lunch. Bree, John, and Kathryn got spinach salads and cheese manicotti. I got a cheese pizza and they ate some of my pizza. It was soooo good! Then Bree and I shared a brownie with chocolate sauce and ice cream with chocolate and caramel sauce. It wasn't worth all the calories...we both had eaten better...but it was still good while it was going down.
We had this darling waiter who looked Italian and had an accent. I asked him where he was from and he said Mexico. He didn't look Mexican. Then I asked how old he was and he said 35. I thought he was about 35. Kathryn thought in his 20's and I said "No Way!!" Then I asked him if he was married and he said No. I told him he was just adorable and did he have a girlfriend? He said, "I'm gay." I asked him if he had any brothers and he said yes, but they are married. Oh well.... He was very good looking.
Then Kathryn and John went to McCook and Bree and I went to the Body Shop and Nordstrom. Then time for me to go home. I hated leaving her. She is such fun and the best person in the world!
But we will be together soon at Thanksgiving. It was a fantastic, fun filled weekend. Here are some pictures from the weekend.

No comments: