Wednesday, January 23, 2008

That First Night


We got changed into casual summer clothes and decided to explore the resort a bit and then find a place for dinner. We chose an Italian restaurant that was right in the hotel. It was absolutely delicious and the service was fabulous. I got a strawberry daiquiri to start off with and I believe Bree got wine. We had a cheese fondue for an appetizer and I had a pasta dish with sweet Italian sausage and peppers and Bree chose the veal parmesan. The bread was crusty and warm and we ate everything! We even had room to share tiramisu with our coffee.
After dinner we walked to the beach and watched the sparkling ocean waters. Our hearts were high, our tummies were full, and we were filled with the spirit of adventure and anticipation of all the fun things to come!
That first night was the earliest we went to bed...I think I pooped out at 9:30. It had been a long day. I couldn't wait for tomorrow!!!!

No comments: