Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I had the time of my life....


....and I can't wait to do it all again!!!!

The fun started the second I got to Bree's apartment on Weds morning. She answered the door wrapped in a towel (I was early) and we both started squealing like stuck pigs and jumping up and down like 2 crazy ladies on crack.

We calmed ourselves down enough for Bree to finish dressing and by 9:00 we were on the street hailing a cab to O'Hare. On the way to the airport I told Bree the whole story of "The Bucket List." She said she wasn't going to see it so I replayed the entire movie to her. I hope the cabbie wasn't planning on seeing the movie because he got a blow by blow description of the movie.

We got to the airport, checked in, found our gate, and proceeded to the snack bar for a coffee and bagel. As we stood in line at the snack bar, I turned to the nice looking young man behind me who was dressed in a navy uniform. I asked him where he was from and he told me "a little town in Washington." Looks can be so deceiving...in the space of a 5 minute wait in line he told me he was walking down Michigan Avenue and looked down an alley and saw "3 guys getting mugged" and the cop just stood there not doing a thing. O.K....this does not sound like the Michigan Avenue I know and love. He told us he was just overwhelmed by the big city and the malls and the airport and how his little town could fit into just a corner of this airport! The poor fellow was on his way to Pensacola. I was scared he was going to sit with us and this guy had the gift of gab. Luckily, he didn't sit with us as we avoided eye contact when he passed our table.

We talked and laughed and visited while we waited to board the plane. Time has a way of flying when I am with Bree. There is never a dull moment when she is around.

We had a beautiful flight to the Bahamas. Clear blue skies and smooth flying all the way. Except for the woman who sat in front of us and across the aisle. We were barely off the ground and she turned her head to face the poor man across the narrow aisle from her, opened her big fat mouth, and began to snore!!! This woman snored (very loud and mucus-y snore) all the way to Nassau. YUK!! We felt sorry for the schmuck sitting across from her!

We landed in Nassau, went through customs and I got MY FIRST STAMP ON MY PASSPORT, and grabbed a taxi to our resort hotel.

We checked in and went to our room on the 4th floor. Our room was so pretty and it had a wonderful balcony that looked out over the ocean. We were like 2 kids. Bree started jumping on the bed! She was so happy and so was I. We couldn't believe that we were finally here!!!

No comments: