Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Our First Full Day in The Bahamas


I woke up Thursday bright and early and Bree's bed was empty. I went to the balcony door and there she was sleeping outside on the balcony. She said I was SNORING!!! I said For the Love of GOD, why didn't you wake me up and tell me to shutup? She said she didn't want to disturb me, so she moved 3 padded stools out to the balcony and slept on them!!! She said it was beautiful. I didn't even hear her moving the furniture!!!!

We had coffee in the room and then packed up our beachbag and headed to the beach. We settled on 2 chaises under a tiki hut and then held each others hands and RAN into the ocean screaming at the tops of our lungs!!!! The water was delicious!!!!

Every morning we would start out on the beach and go from ocean, to pools, to ocean, to pools, to hot tub, to ocean, to pools. It was wonderful. Every morning we would have our first pina colada by 10:30 a.m. Then by 11:30 we would have lunch at the outdoor restaurant on the beach and then get ready for our afternoon adventure.

Our first day afternoon adventure, we caught the bus for $1.00 a person and went downtown to shop. We went to the Straw Market and the shops on Bay Street. The Straw Market was a hoot!!! The ladies at the market were very pushy. They would try to get you to buy things and they would try to make deals with you. They would get huffy if you didn't buy anything from them. I got a beautiful straw bag and a straw hat. Bree got several nice things....Tee shirts and a straw jewelry type box. Very cute. We had a great time just walking around and going in and out of the shops. As we were walking down the street to get the bus to go home, this man came up to us and said, "Are you going to Cable Beach?" I said, "Are you the bus driver?" and he said yes he was. Bree and I got the hugest kick out of that!!! Imagine the bus driver coming down the street to find you!!! We loved riding the bus. We loved listening to the locals talk in their adorable Bahamian accents. It was great.

We got home and chilled out for a bit, then went to dinner at this place called Johnny Canoe's. It was only about 2 blocks from our hotel. Very cute and the drinks were to die for. I had another strawberry daiquiri and Bree got a tropical drink but I can't remember the name. We talked and laughed and took pictures of each other. The food was excellent. I had grouper fingers and Bree had salmon. We shared conch fritters as an appetizer which is a Bahamian speciality.

Here is a pic of Bree at Johnny Canoe's.

No comments: