Tuesday, April 28, 2009

"Slow Down Your Movin' Too Fast"

I LOVE NOT WORKING!!! I have to keep singing the Simon and Garfunkel song "Feelin' Groovy" when they sing "slow down your movin' too fast, got to make the morninin' last." I have found myself hurrying like I did when I was in "work mode." I have to learn to slow down. I am on my own time now. No need to rush.
I love getting up at 6:30. This is my natural awake time. I have my coffee, get on the computer (like I am doing now) and then I clean up the kitchen. I move upstairs to make the bed and then hop in the shower. Then I let the day decide what I will do next. Today at 9:00 my friends Joanie and Rosie are coming for coffee and chat. Then after that I don't know what I will do....read? Write? Work on my cross stitch? Sweep in Michael's old room? Who knows? Maybe I will just sit and think and let my mind wander. Yesterday as I was riding my bike a thought came to me. I thought that if someone said to me, "Kelli, you must start to look for a job." I would simply smile and say that the happiness I have had since walking out the door of FWN has been worth ten years of jobs. I would not trade this feeling of freedom and lightness for anything! But I don't have to work or look for work! I am free!!!! I am so happy I could spit nickels.
I know your probably getting nauseated reading how damn glad I am to be not working, but I can't help it. If I know one thing --- then I know this.......Follow your dream. Do it. Have faith that you can live the life you want. I am proof of this. No matter how big or how small....whether it is quitting your job, or changing jobs, or losing weight or dying your hair or whatever === do what you feel in your heart. You can make it happen and only you.
Love you always,
Kelli

No comments: