Wednesday, April 15, 2009

3 more days

3 more days of work. I am getting butterflies in my tummy now. Tonight Dr. Chang is having a dinner party for me at Club Soda. I know that Friday, our last day working together, will be hard for me. When I put that last patient in the room it will be hard to keep tears at bay. I truly have loved working at the neuro center and if things wouldn't have changed with Dr. Chang going part time I never would have quit. I really loved working with him. But every decision has a reason....I became Dr. Chang's nurse because Dr. Later moved to the southwest office and if I would have chosen to go with Dr. Later I never would have been Dr. Chang's nurse! So by my quitting and moving on I will open so many doors and have so many other opportunities. But my main goal is myself. My journey of taking care of myself both physically and mentally. I vow to learn one new thing every day. I am going to walk and ride my bike and try not to use my car. I am going to eat better, have a cleaner house, be a better friend to myself. I once heard someone say (or I read it somewhere) that a person should talk to themselves like they are talking to the dearest most loved person in their life. When your dearest friend or loved one is sad and feeling down, you wouldn't rip them up one side and down the other, would you? Of course not! So you shouldn't do that to yourself either. I know that I can make a huge, happy difference in my life my leaving this job. I did not come to this decision with a light heart. So I will keep all of you posted and let you know how Friday, my last day, goes. I am going to Chicago for a few days to stay with Bree on Sunday. Yipppeee!!!
Love to you all,
Kelli
PS i am reading True Colors by Kristen Hannah now.....

No comments: