Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Kiss TODAY hello and point me towards Tomorrow.....

I did it. I quit. Last Friday after work I told my boss, Dr. Chang, that I was leaving. He is going to miss me but he said he thought I was doing the right thing. He understands why I'm leaving and wishes me the very best. Then yesterday the other nurses found out and of course the two bitches who have done their best to ruin my life were as cold as ice. The other nurses were sad to see me go, but happy for me. They wish they could leave and embark on a whole new life.
What a sad, negative, toxic environment that nursing department is. I am free!!! Good Lord in Himmel, I am free!!!
So no more looking back and saying "I wish I woulda" ... now it is hello Today!!! All of my possibilities and hopes and dreams and good thoughts and karma are there at my feet! I feel happy and feel like a huge load has been taken off my heart and my shoulders. How lovely it feels to just walk away.
Sharon and I have our trip to Cornwall in June....Molly and I are going to Savannah for a sisters vacation in September, I am going with Mom to the Navy Reunion in October in Myrtle Beach. I have alot of days to spend with Bree in Chicago.........my friend, Linda, wants me to come to Milwaukee before her kids get out of school... I will pop up there before Cornwall.
Janet and I have our Chick mini vacation...........hopefully, we can get the cottage at Union Pier again from her sister. If not, we will go someplace else.
Turning around and looking past through the fog and seeing what is really there and really true took me a long time. But eventually I got here. Please, darling friends, help me remember how good this feels if I start to falter and start to lose my confidence. Make me remember that I must be true to who I am and that I have ONE LIFE and this is it.
Good thoughts to you guys always!!! I'll keep you posted. I love you guys.
OH!!! I'm reading the Maeve Binchy novel Heart and Soul and it is good. My next to read is Kristin Hannah's True Colors.
Think of all the EXTRA READING TIME I WILL HAVE when I quit work!!!!

No comments: