Thursday, April 23, 2009

Let the journey begin







I am a free woman!! Good Lord in himmel, I am a free woman!!! Today is the first day I have woke up at home and not gone to work! I slept til 6:30!! I think 6:30 a.m. is my natural awake time. I got up and had one cup of joe and then I got another cup of joe and here I am!



I went to Chicago Sunday and came home yesterday about 2. Had a fab time, as usual. Bree is so much fun and such an inspiration to me. She is an abundance of love and support for me.



Sunday Kathryn picked us up and we went to McCook. Visited with Raul and the adorable Grandma Stephy and the dogs. Bree fed the dogs right out of the can with a big spoon. They are so cute! They each await their turn and don't push each other out of the way. Emmie (or now known as Meggie, or Squiggly Wiggly) is the baby of the group and very smart. She is so friendly and such a good dog! Kathryn is a wonderful mother to her.



After visiting with Raul and Grandma, the three girls went to Kona Grille for lunch. It was delicious!!! I had pot stickers for the first time and I really like them! For my entree I had the BBQ pork sandwich with onion sticks and slaw. For dessert I had warm apple crisp with ice cream. We had a fun, great time catching up. Kathryn is so funny and such a generous person. I know she would give a person the shirt off her back or her very last penny.



After lunch we waddled over to Yorktown Mall. It was cold and rainy outside so we decided to go to an indoor mall. I didn't buy anything but Bree got a few things and she bought me a notebook at this cute store with lots of Hello Kitty things in it. The little character on my notebook is called RaaRaa. Adorable!



We went back to McCook about 5 and sat with Grandma some more and Bree fed the dogs again. Then Kathryn took us home. That night John, Bree and I went to see the movie State of Play. I was bored to death and fell asleep in the movie. Bree said I was snoring in the movie!!! I was so embarrassed! She said right in a crucial part of the movie it was all very quiet and then I snored real loud! Oh my GAWD. I hate people that snore in movies. The poor man next to me! oy!



The next day John left for work and Bree had to work the lunch shift. I told her not to worry about me. I would be fine in the big city by myself. It was cold and drizzly. I walked from Bree's apartment to Shedd Aquarium along Lake Shore drive. It was a beautiful walk along Lake Michigan. Hardly any other pedestrians were on the walkway. I went inside Shedd Aquarium but I didn't pay to go through. I will wait for a "free day." Did the same thing at Field Museum. I will save my money for a day when there is free admission. From the museums I walked to Millenium Park. What a cool place. I can't wait to go back when all the flowers are in bloom. I then went to PJ's for a cup of their delicious chili. Bree, the best waitress in the world, waited on me. I got to meet two of her friends, Anya and Alex. What nice people! Then home to kick back and relax. I was only home about an hour when Bree called and said she was getting off early! So she came home, changed, and off we went. It was nasty out and we were cold, so we ducked into Grand Luxe and had an early supper. I love Grand Luxe. There was hardly anyone there because it was a Monday and early for supper. We took a long time eating and talking and laughing. Bree is such fun. We never run out of things to talk about. We shared the chocolate molten cake with ice cream and oy! It was fabulous! Bree said we should have each had our own it was so good!



When we got home we got into our jammies right away. John was at singing practice so it was a hen party for two. Bree is knitting and while she was knitting we talked and giggled. Then we played on the computer. Listened to Susan Boyle sing --- amazing! I want to buy her CD when it comes out. We played lots of double solitaire. Bree kept beating me! Then John came home and we watched TV and hung out with him. I fell asleep first, of course. Slept like a rock! I was wore out after the big, busy day!



Tuesday was cold, drizzly and nasty again. John went off to work and Bree worked lunch again. I went off to Filene's Basement, Anthropologie and Barnes and Noble. Then I stopped at Dominicks to buy the fixings for quiche with brocolli and mushrooms in it. I told Bree and John I would cook tonight for them! I took the groceries home and then went over to Fox and Obel for a cup of chili. Chili was good, but PJ's has them beat hands down. After lunch I went back home and read. Bree got off early again! We got in our jammies and hunkered down for the night. John came home and we had dinner. We stayed in all night. Talking, playing double sol, laughing, telling stories, watching TV. It was great just hanging out with them.



The next day I had to go home but I will be back to see them again very soon. I had a wonderful, fun time!!! Oh! Bree got me a keychain, cookies and chocolates in gorgeous, adorable tins from Switzerland! I fell in love with the chocolate! So smooth and creamy. Oy.



Last night I started Season 4 of "24". Wow! This season looks really good! The actress that played Trina in Swingtown is in this season and I loved her!!! Good to see her again!



And here I am, friends! Day one of my new life! Today is just beautiful. Sun is shining. I am getting a cut and color at 12:30 today. I am going to clean the house a little bit and not try to go overboard. I will just keep remembering that I am off for a long time and I don't need to build Rome in a day.



Hugs and love to you! I'll keep you posted on the life of Just A Girl.



Kelli



No comments: