Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A Shopping Weekend in Chicago

I had such fun last weekend!!! Karin and I left FW early Saturday morning for a much needed getaway shopping weekend in the big city. We hit Michigan Avenue by 10 in the morning and shopped all day, stopping to eat lunch at Frankie Scallopini's. That night we met Bree and John for supper at D4 and had a ball. Then Bree came back to the Sheraton with Karin and I for more girl talk. We had to kick her out at 10:00 because we were exhausted!!!
Then up Sunday morning all fresh and ready to hit the streets again. We had breakfast at the Sheraton and picked Bree up at 9:30. We were at Loehmann's by 10 and shopped the day away. We found bargains galore at Loehmann's, Macy's, Nordstrom Rack. I finished my shopping (except for stocking stuffers)!!!!!!!
We hit the road home by 3:30. I hated to leave Bree. I missed her as soon as she walked away...Christmas seems so far away until I see her again.
Karin and I stopped in Valparaiso for supper and got home about 7. SUCH FUN! We laughed and talked and got all Christmas-y. The stores were decorated so beautifully.... especially the old Marshall Field's ( now Macy's ) on State Street.
I love Chicago!!! Someday I would like to live there.

No comments: