Monday, October 22, 2007

A Perfect Day

Oh I had soooo much fun yesterday!!! I got up bright and early and drove to Chicago to visit my daughter, Bree. Bree is an amazing person!!! She is fun, funny, smart, a great listener, a wonderful storyteller, and an all around great girl!!!
When I got to Chicago she was still at work so I went to The Gap and bought a really pretty powder blue turtleneck sweater. Then as I was walking to Fox & Obel for coffee, Bree called me on my cell. I said, "Hey girl, I'm just across the street from you!" She said for me to meet her at the restaurant that she works at for brunch. It was wonderful. We sat outside in the warm sunshine and talked our brains out. I met one of her managers (the nice one) and her dear friend, Jen. After we sat and ate and talked we went up to the apartment and she gave me my gifts that she brought me from Prague and Vienna. Bree is so thoughtful and generous. She got me a GORGEOUS garnet pendant Star of David from Prague. I just need to buy a chain for it. I told her I will wear that every day of my life. She also got me chocolates and coffee from Vienna, a magnet from Prague, cookies (the most delicious chocolate wafer cookies I have EVER had in my life) from Vienna. We looked at her pictures on the computer but there were so many we only got through Prague. I have to go back and see her so I can see Vienna. The pictures were beautiful. She loved Prague and Vienna!!!
Then John, Bree and I walked to Dunkin Donuts for a coffee. Bree and I wanted to shop a bit so John went back home and Bree and I hit Loehmann's!!!! Oh my GAWD!!! It just came to Chicago and it was FABULOUS!!! Bargains galore!!! We almost had a seizure we were so excited!
Bree got 2 Free People tops that were like 60% off. It was amazing. The store was completely ransacked. It was the end of the day and everything was a mess. We will go back the next time I come to town and go early before everything gets messed up.
The day went by much to quickly. But being with Bree just for that one day will hold me over for a few more weeks!!! She is such a great person to be with. She's a refreshing breath of fresh air and I am so glad that she is my daughter and BFF!!!!
I love you, Bree....thanks for everything.

1 comment:

Brazzle said...

I love you too, Mommy.