Saturday, October 20, 2007

I want to be the heroine of my own life...

Where did I hear that? Who said that? I heard it recently and I think it may have been Elizabeth Gilbert when she was on Oprah. I wish I could remember....But what an amazing thing. I want to be the heroine of my own life and write my story the way I want it to be written. I want to be the star of my own show. Who wants a boring old show to watch? yuk. I want to watch a fun, interesting, deep, moving, exciting, colorful show with all kinds of different characters in it.
Like in one of my fave movies, Parenthood, the grandma tells Steve Martin that she always liked the roller coaster. She was talking about how some people like the merry go round as it is the same thing over and over, round and round and no surprises. She said she liked the roller coaster and I always loved that. I have tried on many occasions to remember that line when things were not going my way. I would think of the roller coaster of life and would try to make myself go with the flow of the coaster and things usually (almost always) worked out.
But back to the question of who said "I want to be the heroine of my own life." If anyone remembers let me know because I love that!!! I am going to make that one of my mantras.
Have a fabulous day, everyone!!!!!

No comments: