Thursday, October 11, 2007

How much happiness can a heart hold?

I asked Bree that question once....How much beauty and happiness and love can a heart hold? Sometimes I feel like my heart will just explode. I remember going to the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NY with Bree in January and being so overcome and overwhelmed with beauty that I cried. Bree put her arms around me and I remember she said to me, "Oh Mom, wait til you see the Louvre!"
Yesterday morning I was sitting in Starbucks drinking my pumpkin spice low fat latte and looking out the window. It was still dark and it was drizzling rain. My book was on the table with my coffee. As I watched the rivulets of rain come down the window and I heard the cheerful voices of the Starbucks crew, I had that feeling of my heart just bursting with love and happiness. The smell of coffee, the taste of the pumpkin spice latte, the rain, the beauty of the morning and the hopes of a wonderful, new day just melted my heart with joy and love. I thought to myself that morning...yes, I want to travel the world and do so many things....but I'm OK just being here in Starbucks too. I can feel good and warm and wonderful right here in my own back yard. As I walked out of Starbucks to my car, I tipped my face to the warm, drizzly rain and I thanked the Lord for the day.

No comments: