Saturday, February 9, 2008

The hand of a friend

There is nothing so sweet and heartwarming, so dear and comforting, as the hand of a friend. So many times those familiar hands have been there for me. Across a table to clasp my hand, to pat my hand encouragingly, to squeeze my hand when I have needed strength. I think of my dear, beautiful friends who have been with me for so many years and have loved and supported me. I love them so much. I am one of the luckier women in the world who have been blessed with good, strong, friendships. My friends are everything to me. I would go to the ends of the earth for them. They have risen me up from the depths of despair, made things "real" for me, brought things into perspective for me so many, many times. Cried with me, laughed with me, understood me. Been truly HAPPY for me.
Thank you, my darlings, for blessing me. Thank you for your friendships.
You know who you are....you know how much you mean to me. I love you.........

No comments: