Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Books and more books

I made it halfway through Water For Elephants which all of my cousins read and adored. It is well written and totally held my interest, but too much animal abuse which I just couldn't stomach. It took place back in the 1920's at a circus and those poor circus animals! It just wasn't my type of book. I started reading The Ruins last night. I hope this is good. I know I don't always give things a full chance, but I feel like there is so much out there to read, why waste time on something I don't really like? I admire people who keep with a book til the end though....wish I could be like that. I'm too impatient.
Here is what is on the bookshelf:
The Ruins (currently reading)
Good In Bed by Jennifer Weiner (I need to read this because the sequel Certain Girls is soon to be out)
Light a Penny Candle (an older Maeve Binchy)
The Gypsy Storyteller ( a Bree recommendation)
I need to get my books in order for Florida. That is my week when I do nothing but sit and read! And walk the beach, swim in the pool, eat seafood, and shop!!!

No comments: