Sunday, February 3, 2008

A fun and laughter filled weekend in the City

I got home today from Chicago, having spent a fun filled weekend with Bree and John. Thank the good Lord it wasn't windy and cold in the City. I got to Bree's about 9:30 and we headed to Nordstrom first. I had to get a lip liner. After getting the lip liner we went down the stree to to Niketown. I got a great pair of Nike's and Bree bought me some exercise pants. They are really cute! Soft grey with pale pink on the sides. I didn't want her to buy them, but she insisted. She is so good to me!
Then we went to D4 for lunch. It is this adorable, cozy, Irish pub/restaurant across the street from Bree' s apartment. We sat by the fireplace and had a lovely, delicious lunch. We shared fish 'n chips and Bree got a pear salad too. We had coffee and, of course, bad girl that I am, I had to get dessert. It was small though. A small chocolate sundae with D4's own homemade chocolate sauce. Now, who could resist that?
The we went to the apartment and visited with John for awhile and changed into our theatre clothes. We grabbed a cab and went to the Cadillac Palace Theatre to see My Fair Lady. It was fabulous!!! Bree and I both enjoyed it. Then we walked to Lalo's to meet John for dinner. We sang almost the whole way...songs from My Fair Lady.
Lalo's is this great Mexican restaurant that not only has delicious food but fabulous frozen margaritas. We had a wonderful, fun, dinner and then walked home. I was buzzed from that margarita and I could not even drink the whole thing.
When we got home we got into our jammies and John was so sweet!!! He walked to Dunkin' Donuts and got me a coffee!!!
When he got home Bree and I took turns reading him the short story I wrote. Bree is going to edit for me and then send it back to me. John liked the story and Bree loved it. It made my day!!!! Then we watched two episodes of South Park.
I pooped out then. Slept like a daggone rock.
This morning Bree and I got up at 7 and went to Fox & Obel for coffee and a last visit before I drove back to Fort Wayne and Bree went to work. We decided that one night visits were not enough and from now on I would only stay for a minimum of two nights.
It was a great weekend. I came home and took a nap.
Now I'm going to read my book, The Senator's Wife, and hopefully finish it.
Happy February!!!

No comments: