Monday, January 19, 2009

The Longest January

I think this is the longest January I have ever had. Freezing temps, ice, sleet, clouds, snow. Cold weather never got to me like this before! I dread going outside! I could just wrap up in a blanket, stay on the couch with my book and never leave the house!!!!
But I can't do that. I have to get up and go to work and do the things that grown ups are supposed to do. But if I were a kid, I'd have to do the things a kid has to do (like go to school) so whats the difference? Probably when I was a kid I didn't mind all this goofy cold weather. Kids don't care about stuff like cold weather and snow and sleet. Do kids even get cold?
Anyhoo....I miss the Bahamas right now. Last year Bree and I broke up January and flew to the Bahamas. But Florida will be here soon. Archie and I leave Feb. 20 for our weeks vacation in Fort Walton Beach. I can't wait!!!!
I hope all of you have a great week and hang in there! January is nearly over!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello "Just a Girl"
I came across your website when I googled "pet friendly Bonita Springs" and for some reason was drawn in like I am normally not, to peruse your blogspot. Here are my comments:
- Oh my! Fort Walton Beach is not going to get you as warm as you need. Remember, Bonita Springs is below the subtropic line!
- Love your Cat and kittens! Walt is adorable! I have a cat.
- Keep in mind the hotel where I work, Holiday Inn Express Bonita Springs is now PET FRIENDLY! Oh how I remember sneaking our cats into hotel rooms in the past. So glad the industry is becoming more understanding.
- You and your gang seem to have a lot of fun! Let me know the next time you find yourself heading to the Fish House...I love to meet kindred spirits. Oh, did you try Tiki Hut Cafe when you were here?
Yummy! And the mayor's wife Lori Nelson is opening Survey Cafe on Old 41 in next couple of months. Lot's of fun stuff still goin on in sunny, warm Bonita Springs! Stay warm "Just a Girl" and enjoy your next adventure.
Lisa FL