Sunday, November 30, 2008

LET IT SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone that knows me knows that I LOVE snow! I simply adore it. Today it is snowing so beautifully and I am putting up my Christmas decorations. My candles are burning and even though I feel like I just did this....Has it really been almost a year? -- I can't help but feel excited and happy and cozy. Getting out all my old familiar decorations....the angel Bree made in kindergarten that has her own special place every year, the Santa with his reindeer that Michael bought me when he was in gradeschool that goes in the middle of the fireplace mantle, the wooden Christmas ornaments that a Parkinson's patient made for me years ago. I think how hard he worked on those ornaments with his trembled, shaking, hands. I cherish these things.
As I put up the familiar Christmas friends and listen to Bing Crosby sing White Christmas on the radio, I usually have to stop and wipe the tears from my eyes. Oh, I'm a sappy thing. But I can't help it. They are tears of joy and warmth and happy memories.
I remember getting my Yogi Bear stuffed animal for Christmas in first grade. I remember hugging Mom and crying my eyes out when I got my big doll, Holly, in second grade. She was the size of an actual 2 year old!!! I remember getting my Yardley Slicker Dolly Bus with all of the lipsticks in 8th grade and wearing a different color every day during the Christmas break. (back then you couldn't wear lip stick or lip gloss to school)
Snow and Christmas and eggnog and candles and music and baking always make me happy. Sentimental, happy, thankful. But the snow is the best.
Wow..its really coming down now!!! Maybe we'll have a big blizzard and work will be cancelled tomorrow!! Yipppppeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!
HAPPY HOLLY DAYS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: